Friday, November 14, 2008

Day #14

I realized that the suspects could not be suspects if the sleuth did not meet them in a previous scene. So I am writing the scenes. I do not care that they are improbable. If the suspect is sort of crazy than his reason for wanting someone dead can be an insane reason. As long as he thinks it is a reason than he has a motive.

Motive plus opportunity, isn’t that what they say on the cop shows?

I realize that a lot of the characters I am creating are really off the deep end. From heredity, drugs and alcohol, or childhood trauma. Running the gamut from mildly obsessive to criminally insane to multiple personalities. A novel of damaged humanity. How sweet.

I LOVE FICTION. Why have I been fixated on memoir? Take out the “I” and I am free to create.

OK
Wrote 1695 words.

New total: 26,783

No comments: